A professional health educator coordinates the educational components of the Department's services and provides consultation and community programming.
Health education programs are available to Edison community members and organizations upon request.
The following topics are a partial list of available programs:
- Foods for Health - a Supermarket Nutrition Program
- Cooking for Health - a Nutrition and Cooking Demonstration Program
- Germs, Germs, Germs - an Infection Control Program
- Choose to Lose - A No Gimmick Weight Control Plan for Life
- The Lazy Folks Approach to Exercise and Health
- Identifying and Controlling Asthma Triggers
- Emergency Preparedness for Families