Health Education & Awareness
“Did You Know?” is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
The Edison Health & Human Services Department has compiled the following links as public service. Below you will find a wide array of health information that will have you better prepared and better educated when dealing with health issues. We hope these are useful tools for you.
Health Education is integrated into all the Health Department's programs.
A professional health educator coordinates the educational components of the Department's services and provides consultation and community programming.
Health education programs are available to Edison community members and organizations upon request.
The following topics are a partial list of available programs:
- Foods for Health- a Supermarket Nutrition Program
- Cooking for Health- a Nutrition and Cooking Demonstration Program
- Germs, Germs, Germs- an Infection Control Program
- Choose to Lose- A No Gimmick Weight Control Plan for Life
- The Lazy Folks Approach to Exercise and Health
- Identifying and Controlling Asthma Triggers
- Emergency Preparedness for Families
Call (732) 248-7361 for more information or to schedule a program.