- Adopt a code of ethics for all officers and employees of Edison Township. The Ethics Board has adopted the NJ State ethics code contained in Section 5 of N.J.S.A. 40A: 9-22.1 et seq.
- Hear and review complaints with regard to possible ethics code and financial disclosure violations.
- To impose fines between $100 and $500 for each violation.
- To forward to the appropriate law enforcement or other government body information concerning violations which may become the subject of criminal prosecution.
- To render advisory opinions to local officers or employees serving the Township, as to whether a given circumstance would constitute a violation of the code of ethics or financial disclosure requirements.
The Ethics Board consists of six members who are residents of the municipality and are appointed by the Town Council. The members shall be chosen by virtue of their known and consistent reputation for integrity and their knowledge of local government affairs. No more than three members of the Ethics Board shall be of the same political party.
An official complaint form is required to be filed by person(s) alleging ethics code or financial disclosure violations. This form, along with the Edison Township Code of Ethics, is available at the Municipal Clerk’s office or by clicking here. A complaint form must be notarized in order to be accepted.
Ethics Board meetings are held in the Edison Room on the second floor of the municipal complex.
The current members of the Edison Ethics Board are:
- Deborah Stevens,Chairperson, 50 Cedar Street, 08820 December 12, 2020
- Peter F. Bentey 10 Five Acre Drive,08820 December 12, 2022
- Norman Blick, 95 College Drive, 08817 December 12, 2020
- Robert Kearstan, Sr. 37 Carlton Street S., 08837 December 12, 2020
- Elliot Rudnitzky, 46 Calvert West, 08820 December 12, 2021
- David Zelingher, 8 Dix Avenue, 08817 December 12, 2022
- Daryl J. Kipnis, Esq., Attorney,
220 Davidson Ave. 3rd Floor, Suite 3C Somerset, NJ 08873 December 31, 2019
Marlena McCray, Secretary, 100 Municipal Blvd, 08817