All transportation is available on a first come, first served basis. If we are unable to accommodate a request, we will ask that the physician appointment be rescheduled for another date or time.
Those individuals requesting repetitive appointments for medical, physical therapy, chemotherapy or radiation therapy appointments are requested to call to obtain transportation guidelines.
- Passengers are to be ready for pick up within one hour of their medical appointment and rides are often shared with other passengers. (Drivers can arrive as early as 9 a.m. for a 10 a.m. appointment.)
- Do not ask the driver to make or cancel an appointment. It is your responsibility to contact the Edison Senior Center if you need to cancel a medical appointment.
- Passengers will be dropped off outside of the physician’s office. Drivers do not accompany passengers inside the building. When the appointment has been completed have the office staff contact the senior center at 732-248-7345 and advise us that you are ready to be pick up and you driver will then be notified.
- Please wait in the lobby or any other area which will allow you to see our bus pull up to the building. Your driver will wait for you to come outside.
- Our medical vans are equipped with a wheelchair lift. An assistant must accompany persons who use wheelchairs and those who are visually impaired. There is no charge for these additional passengers, but seating is limited. Please advise our office should you need to have an assistant accompany you.